[tabby title=”Preparation Instructions”]
When and Where
Saturday, July 16th, 2016
101 Coit Rd #50
Richardson, TX 75080
(Southeast corner of Coit and Beltline)
Prior to Your Session
- What to Wear: Because this is a timeless, classic session using vintage props, I would recommend dressing the girls in white or cream dresses without graphics or words. Pastel dresses would work as well, but the bright colored dresses might take away from the classic look. Vintage or classic looking dresses would be perfect! For the boys, you can put them in jeans and a collared shirt or even a simple white t-shirt. Suspenders and a hat could be cute too!
- Preparing your children for our session as much as possible often takes the timidness out of the day. Please make sure your kids know that this is FUN! Don’t even bother telling them to be sure to smile or “be good.” My goal isn’t to get a photo of your child “being good” or just “smiling” but having fun and interacting. Some kids who have been coached to smile for the photographer get so nervous that they are fighting laughing and relaxing because they are so worried about having their picture taken or making their parents happy! Instead, I’m a huge fan of bribery – (ice cream after!) is always a great idea for the ones who need a little extra encouragement. Since this takes place during an ice cream social, it is perfect!
Day of the Session
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your session time.
- This session will take place during an ice cream social event at Richardson Mercantile. I ask that you do not get ice cream before your session. Instead we will get ice cream close to the end of the session for your kiddos and get some photos of them with their ice cream as well! Plus, it makes for great bribery for the ones who need a little extra encouragement.
- During the shoot, please do not interact with your child unless I ask for help. It’s easy to feel the urge to stand behind the camera to get your kiddos’ attention, but this distracts their attention from me and keeps them from looking directly into the camera. I will have a trained assistant on hand (my husband!) to help me get your kiddos attention. It’s okay if they’re not giving me big smiles right off the bat. I will play with them to try to bring it out of them and get candid photos regardless.
- If your little ones bring along a “lovie” (stuffed animal, blanket, etc.) I’d love to use some time at the end to capture some memories with that special piece of their childhood.
- Lastly, please do not take photographic or video images during the session per policies.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
[tabby title=”Ordering Appointment”]
Schedule Your Ordering Appointment
If you have not already done so, please select a time slot for your ordering appointment by clicking here and selecting “Summer Limited Edition Ordering Appointment”.
What to Expect
The ordering appointment is the most exciting and emotional time of your entire portrait experience with us. It’s when you get to see your images for the first time.
This in-person appointment is where we use our state-of-the-art software to project your images onto our movie screen. It allows us to show you actual size of your portraits, and helps us present the opportunities for displaying your images inside our product line.
We want you to know exactly what your images will look like in your home, in our products and in your life, thereby giving you confidence that the purchasing decisions you are making with us are good ones.
Your portraits will last a lifetime or more, and knowing they are displayed with creative design and artistic consideration will inspire you everytime you look at them.
How it Works
We’ll start off your appointment with a personal, custom slideshow of your images-arguably the best part for our clients! Once you’ve reviewed your images, we will look at the ways to display your professional portraits. Whether it be a custom album, a wall series, or a fine art painting, going over the options will help you solidify the plan you have made for your images. With a “Create A Collection” investment, and with Alicia’s help, you’ll decide on an art piece that we will be creating for you. Yes, all of our clients go home with digital negatives, however we will help you understand exactly how to care for and print them on your own – holding your hand every step of the way. Your in-person ordering appointment is your time. Your time to use our creative expertise to your advantage and make something that lasts for your family.
Product offerings include A La Carte digital image packages as well an opportunity to bundle digital images with printed products. This “Create A Collection” pricing offers more value than A La Carte, and gives you the flexibility to customize a portrait package according to your own needs. Pricing information for the Limited Edition Order Session is available here.
Benefits to You
- Creative input from the artist
- A more touching experience
- Ease of image selection
- Timely image selection
- Efficiency and comfort
- Exemplary customer service
- Fine art design & display
- Product idea development
- Confidence with purchase
- A plan for your images
- No overwhelming choices
- No distractions
- No confusion or indecision
- A lasting, positive outcome
[tabby title=”Ordering Appointment Policies”]
- Please come prepared. All orders and full payment for orders are due at the ordering appointment. All decision makers should be present.
- Additional ordering appointments incur a $100 fee and are subject to schedule availability.
- We do not provide Online galleries for ordering. Purchased images will be uploaded to an Online professional print lab upon delivery.
- Only the images selected and carefully rendered by the artist will be presented at the appointment.
- Please allow 4 weeks for artwork production and delivery.
- Ordered images are backed up and kept in our archives for one year. All unordered images are purged after 30 days. Re-orders are subject to a minimum $300.
- Clients who purchase Create A Collection may take their digital images home same day.
- Once digital images and/or download-able products are removed from the studio, the sale is final and non-refundable.
- Order changes are not permitted once design work begins or files are sent into production.
- All graphic design work must be approved in studio on our calibrated monitors for correct color.
- Digital files are for personal use only. No commercial rights granted. Digital files may not be altered in ANY way.